Stats + Stories Lesson Plan Contest
This contest is a call for lesson plans that make use of the Stats + Stories podcasts. The lesson plan should include the appropriate materials needed by both students and teachers.
As examples, a good lesson plan might include: instructions for the students to carry out the activity, instructor tips, learning objectives, time to complete the activity, resources needed to complete the activity, recommended course, recommendation for in-class or out-of-class use for the activity, and skills required.
The lesson plan should be accompanied by a grading rubric for any assessment.
Lesson plans should be submitted by January 1, 2024.
Along with cash prizes totaling $1000, the top winners will present their activity in a panel during eCOTS 2024 from May 28th to May 31st and have them posted on CAUSEweb.org and statsandstories.net.
The lesson plans will be judged by a panel of educators.
Contest judging rubric
Each of the following will be evaluated on a four-point scale and averaged across judges:
1. Alignment to theme of eCOTS 2024 “What’s Next? Moving Forward” or the track - Past, Present, and Future of Statistics/Data Science.
2. Alignment with the GAISE guidelines.
3. Activity links to clear learning objective(s).
4. Activity is innovative in its approach.
5. Aligns with research-based practices.
6. Instructions are clear and easy to follow.
7. Activity is appropriately challenging for audience.
8. Engaging and interesting topic for students.
Supplemental resources and adaptability will be used to break ties.